PolitiFact, the country’s largest political fact-checking organization, is looking for an audience engagement producer to serve our wide-ranging online audiences through COVID-19 misinfo, midterms and beyond!
We’re looking for someone who has ideas for innovative ways to tell and promote stories and fact-checks through platform-specific strategies. How can you use social media, newsletters and audience engagement to fulfill our mission to give people the information they need to govern themselves in a democracy?
On social media, PolitiFact values being correct before being first (... it is fact-checking, after all). We want to be helpful to our audiences from Twitter users to YouTube subscribers to newsletter readers. The audience engagement producer is a core member of our editorial team and plays a crucial role in maintaining our connections with readers as well as drawing in new ones.
This position will report to PolitiFact’s audience director, and will have the freedom to explore new platforms and strategies to reach new audiences and sustain current followers. We’re interested in someone with the ideas to innovate internal digital processes, who is also collaborative and self-starting — someone willing to take the lead on audience projects.
- Posting politifact.com website and video content to social media and engaging with readers
- Crafting accurate, compelling social copy and visuals on deadline
- Monitoring trends, reader suggestions and audience analytics
- Communicating best practices for social media storytelling and engagement
- Working closely with the editorial team on story planning and promotion
- Writing and producing editorial newsletters
- Supporting promotion of our newsletters, events and membership
Need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree (or comparable experience in journalism)
- Experience managing social feeds (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent copy writing/editing skills, with an emphasis on social media writing
Nice to have:
- Interest in fact-checking!
- Familiarity with social scheduling and analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, EchoBox
- Experience writing editorial newsletters
- Experience with Echobox or a similar tool
- Fundraising experience, knowledge of nonprofit news strategies
- TikTok know-how and skills
- Spanish language proficiency/fluency
We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply for this position. PolitiFact has offices in both St. Petersburg, Florida, and Washington, D.C. St. Petersburg is the preferred location for this position.
Interested candidates should apply by December 31 at 11:59PM ET. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.EOE
No phone calls, please.
Have questions about this position? Contact Josie Hollingsworth, Audience Director at
. Informational interviews are available upon request.
Location/Region: St. Petersburg, FL