Provincetown is a vibrant community filled with creative opportunities. Now it’s time for you to be a part of it. Provincetown Community Television (PTV), a regionally recognized community media center, is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director will foster relationships with nonprofit organizations, work closely with Town government, and oversee media education for the community.
Provincetown Community Television
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and principal spokesperson for the organization and works with the Board of Directors to give direction and leadership to the achievement of Provincetown Community Television’s mission, goals and objectives, and develops long-range strategic plans to respond to the challenges of Community Media. The Executive Director will listen and communicate effectively in a welcoming way to a diversity of opinions, needs, and cultures. The Executive Director shall report to and be directly responsible to the President of the Board of Directors.
- Must be knowledgeable in technology of both new and social media; be knowledgeable about video production and digital editing equipment, and basic troubleshooting and repair of SD and HD video systems.
- Have a commitment to the First Amendment and enhancing citizen participation through access to communication media.
- Keep informed of trends, issues, events, and developments within the community media field through professional peer contacts, conference attendance and membership in professional organizations
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Board and staff to develop and implement all policies, procedures, and long-range strategic plans
- Assure compliance with the agreement with the Town of Provincetown
- Serve as primary liaison between PTV and the cable provider, and the Town of Provincetown
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation; administrative rules and policies; federal, state and local regulations, and any and all contractual obligations
- Prepare and present to the Board of Directors, for approval, an annual budget. Manage annual budget. Prepare and present monthly revenue and expenditure reports to the Board of Directors at monthly meetings.
- Prepare and present to the Board of Directors requested reports
- Coordinate and facilitate PTV committee meetings
- Supervise personnel matters, outreach, training, production, programming, promotion, grant writing, and fundraising
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of community organizations, government agencies and public schools of Provincetown
- Oversee physical space for the organization and the purchase, maintenance and installation of equipment
- Establish and oversee media training curriculum for community
- Oversee general operation of PTV channels, website and social media; including cablecast schedules, Provincetown board and committee meeting tapings, and posts.
- Assure respectful working relationships with PTV members, potential members and the public
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate employees
- Serve as liaison between staff and Board of Directors
- Encourage the growth of diverse programming while increasing the organization’s membership and ensuring that members are provided services on a timely and consistent basis
- Collaborate on programming for nonprofits
- Coordinate and manage training classes and workshops