At Launch That, we celebrate our success and offer a vibrant and fun culture that focuses on relationships and collaboration! In addition to a full suite of benefits, our team members enjoy a unique break room with complimentary Xbox, arcade games, hot beverages on demand, fountain drinks, and a robust snack bar! We volunteer in our community, and we have exciting company events. We work hard and appreciate work/life balance, so all of our team members enjoy a paid company-wide Holiday Break from December 24th - January 1st each year!
Launch That is an established leader in the world of digital marketing! We have a track record of creating vibrant, successful digital brands. Our core competencies are SEO and SEM -- inbound marketing -- and we are known for building websites that have excellent content.
Our mission is to connect people to extraordinary resources.
Launch That was founded in 2007 as an entrepreneurial digital marketing startup that's grown from 2 founders in a garage to almost 100 digital, tech, creative and content professionals in the heart of downtown Orlando. We’re on the cutting edge of digital marketing with a vision to build the most valuable digital brands. We believe we will achieve this by connecting people to extraordinary resources. Launch That's core talent is exceptional. Many team members have 10+ years of experience in digital industries across extremely competitive business lines. However, it's our culture that distinguishes us. We're a close-knit, interactive company with a passion to build something special. This is exemplified by our state-of-the-art workplace which we designed and own ourselves. It is also demonstrated in our unique, fun events where we celebrate our successes. We believe that our work starts and ends with our team - and it's that focus that makes us one of the best places to work, not just in Orlando, but in the country.
The health and safety of our team is our highest priority, and we embrace a hybrid working model that consists of work-from-home opportunities with in-office days to maximize team collaboration and flexibility. We are a conscientious workplace and make recommended changes to our return to office practices, as warranted by changing conditions in our area. Collaboration will be necessary in the physical office for a specified number of days per week.
About this Role:
The Digital Content Writer primarily researches and interviews experts about complex financial topics, and writes features, guides, blog posts and news articles that inform, educate and motivate.
Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented, passionate, and agile and adaptive to a digital environment that changes daily. You will thrive in this position if you believe in helping those around you and strive for excellence in everything you do. This role is expected to reflect expertise, autonomy and self-direction in its approach to the responsibilities assigned below.
- Write easy-to-understand educational articles about complicated financial subjects primarily for Annuity.org, our premier lead-generation website
- Conduct independent research and interview experts on annuities and retirement planning topics
- Participate in a highly entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are welcomed
- Communicate and work collaboratively to create the most valuable digital brands
- Connect people to extraordinary resources by creating accessible content that informs, educates and motivates
- Upskill yourself and others through webinars, internal conferences and external training opportunities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to understand the needs of our target market
- Strategize with the design and development team to innovate ways to better serve our audiences
- Work closely with other writers, editors and the content manager to shape the content direction for articles, guides and features with prominent readership
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of experience writing in the digital content field
- Desire to make an impact
- Passion for helping our audiences
- Curiosity, innovation and solution-oriented thinking
- Creative and collaborative work style
- Precise and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong editorial judgment and mastery of journalistic ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability to self-edit and apply editorial feedback
- Advanced knowledge of AP style
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Experience working in a CMS such as WordPress
- Proven ability to work in MS Word, Google docs and other G Suite apps
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Advertising, Marketing or related field
- Professional journalism experience
- Experience writing about annuities and financial topics
- Financial certifications, designations, or licenses
Why Work @ Launch That?
- In 2020 and 221 we were recognized as a best place to work!
- We invest in ourselves and our community (https://www.launchthat.com/giving-back/)
- We value ideas, creativity, and productivity. People who succeed at Launch That are those who are passionate about their roles and our mission.
- We know benefits are an important part of a Rocketeer’s professional life, and we evaluate and update them on a recurring basis. We offer employer paid short and long-term disability insurance, 401K, an Employee Assistance Plan, generous PTO including Maternity and Paternity leave, as well as career growth opportunities, and more! (https://www.launchthat.com/careers/)
Blog Post: What Does a Digital Content Writer Actually Do?
Click https://www.launchthat.com/blog/2021/11/09/life-at-launch-that-what-does-a-digital-content-writer-actually-do/ to read frequently asked questions and insights about the content writer position at Launch That!
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit your resume!