Marketing and Digital Engagement Specialist
As Marketing and Digital Engagement Specialist for the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), you will draft content and design email and social media campaigns for a variety of audiences – members, prospective members, industry, and products (e.g., events, journals, conferences, webinars, newsletters). We are the leading medical society for interventional cardiology professionals and our mission is to lead the global interventional cardiovascular community through education, advocacy, research, and quality patient care.
Reporting to the VP, Membership, Marketing and Communications (MMC), and working on a team of 8, you will work across the organization and develop high-volume, email campaigns, lead nurturing campaigns, and create the real-time personalization of email blasts. You will monitor engagement rates and use data analysis to respond to trends and maximize email marketing efforts. You will own and manage social media content and schedules. We will look to you to elevate our social media strategy to increase our depth on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
We send communications daily to various audiences, so your ability to project manage a diverse workflow and accurately deliver on our complex messaging schedule will be integral to your success. We have strong structures in place already, but you will help us better utilize analytics to measure our impact and further refine how we communicate with various audiences.
We have experienced tremendous growth over the past 10 years and today we represent more than 4,400 members across 75 countries. We transform lifesaving innovation into lifesaving action by providing cutting-edge, high-quality education for interventionalists and their teams. Your efforts will ensure that patients have every opportunity to receive quality cardiovascular care, addressing one of the most important health issues in America.
- Manage the development and creation of email marketing, including testing, scheduling, and approval process with all necessary parties. Lead the management of sponsored email sends from scheduling to inputting into ClickDimensions, and communication with sponsors for testing and analytics.
- Work with the VP MMC to manage the department messaging schedule, including slotting emails for specific dates, ensuring sends do not conflict with one another, and rearranging the schedule to account for changes.
- Participate in developing marketing plans, communication tactics, research, and budgeting for SCAI events and programs.
- Develop marketing and communications pieces, including project plans and timelines, for education events, online education, and physician and patient engagement activities.
- Write subject lines, headlines, and copy for email marketing and social media.
- Write copy, recommend imagery, and coordinate layout/design and production with the Senior Manager, Creatives Services.
- Ensure clinical and editorial accuracy of marketing, advertising, and communications messages by collaborating with volunteers to review clinical content and ensure the accuracy of technical information included in marketing and communications products.
- Test marketing messages and analyze results to modify SCAI brand and sub-brand messaging. Ensure SCAI’s messaging aligns across marketing materials, websites, and social media platforms.
- Manage, write copy, and create editorial calendars for SCAI’s social media presence across Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Develop, execute, track, and optimize outreach campaigns.
- Lead analytics management, including pulling reports from Google Analytics, social media platforms, and email. Compile and compare monthly reports across all channels.
- Manage marketing and advertising vendors. Serve as ClickDimensions point of contact.
We work highly collaboratively on our team and welcome the opportunity for you to explore new interests. Projects you may engage with include:
- Public relations. Assist the Director, Public Relations & Communications with the management of the online press newsroom at Scientific Sessions.
- Membership community. Work with the online community, my.scai.org, via Higher Logic, including training other staff members on best practices and setting up communities.
- Website management. As part of the web team, support various tasks as required.
- Create marketing and promotional materials, including brochures, direct mail, e-marketing materials, conference programs, social media posts, tradeshow banners, PowerPoint slides, promotional items, and online content.