Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital venturesand business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
The Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) practice works with companies across the digital device, software, IT services, TV, publishing, information services, entertainment and telecom sectors to make sense of the unrelenting velocity of technological and consumer change they face. We partner with clients to transform their industries, define winning business models, shape their value proposition and go-to-market approach, enhance their operational competitiveness, and create sustained advantage.
What You'll Do
WHO WE NEED
BCG continues to expand its team of content experts supporting its global technology sector. The TMT practice is currently looking for an individual at the Expert Associate Director level who has significant experience in the Software Industry. A qualified individual will play a critical role in enriching firm expertise on this topic and in bringing this expertise to our software clients. Ideal candidates will have a software background as well as have demonstrated leadership across clients, teams, and knowledge development.
WHAT YOULL DO
As an Expert in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice, you will have three broad roles:
Contribute to the business development of the technology sector:
- Contribute and drive leads and proposals together with the partners of the practice
- Lead development of proposals from end to end around specific topics
- Engage with the development of additional business beyond the delivery of recommendations on client engagements
- Develop the topic agenda, create respective content, and foster awareness of BCGs competence
Build expertise in our technology sector (Software sub-segment) within BCG and increase BCGs profile externally:
- Develop and contribute to BCGs intellectual capital work on BCG content projects to create new techniques and/or capture new ideas
- Build and maintain fast packs related to core software topics so there is an ever-available library of educational materials for internal and client usage
- Responsible for supporting the technology sector in writing external reports, papers, social media contributions of its partners in concert with the TMT practices marketing lead
- Identify conferences for BCGs attendance and help coordinate our participation
Lead and support execution of technology projects:
- Responsible for overall methodology
- Work jointly with BCG and client project leaders, bring expertise to the team, both on issues specific to the industry and on questions asked by the client
- Support multiple case teams, co-lead modules, especially those in need for broad experience and hands-on approach
- Ensure the quality of the work, and the relevance of any synthesis and recommendations. Challenge work in progress, results, and re-orient any analyses if needed
The Expert Consulting Track (ECT) is vital to BCGs ability to successfully meet our clients demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Experts deliver next-level impact for BCG's most complex and cutting-edge client challenges. Experts focus on developing BCG's thought leadership, commercial capabilities, and intellectual property assets; and their work is essential to our delivery model. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to bring the best of BCG to our clients, Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise often gained outside of BCG in industry, academia, or specialized consulting.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant software experience, with at least 2 years of management consulting experience preferred, including:
- A deep understanding of expertise in software (e.g., specific operational experience)
- A range of responsibilities in software-related activities (business development, planning, project management, strategy, and operations)
- Prior experience preferred as a software developer or in product management; background or exposure to software investment banking and/or private equity
- An established network within the software industry
- A proven track record of implementation success
- A relevant undergraduate degree in CS, Engineering or technical degree is preferred
- Team oriented mind-set and strong interpersonal communication skills
YOU'LL BE BASED IN
We will consider candidates for any of our North American offices
YOU'LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is anticipated, and will vary based on project locations.
Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated or subject to a religious or medical exemptions. BCG will consider staff fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA (30339)