The Hagen History Center (HHC) has a reputation for leadership in preservation and interpretive programming, making it northwestern Pennsylvania’s premier heritage center. Originally incorporated in 1903, the HHC inspires and engages through dynamic educational programs, community outreach, and with relevant exhibits and publications. It preserves its collections and archives to serve as a comprehensive, accessible resource for all.
The organization seeks a new Executive Director that will bring vision and implementation capabilities to energetically direct the growth, goals and operations of the HHC. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is the organization’s chief operating and administrative officer. Responsibilities include management of properties, operations, financial affairs and employees and contractual staff.
A 501c3 membership organization, the HHC has undergone significant growth in the last 5 years. There are two campuses, 18 employees, and an annual operating budget of almost $1.5 million. In 5 months since re-opening in late July 2021, the HHC has had almost 10,000 visitors, enjoying educational programs, the museum and exhibits, library and archives, gift shop, events and rental facilities. Located in Erie, near the shores of Lake Erie’s Presque Isle, the HHC is a cultural jewel in the crown of the region’s renaissance.
HHC strategic goals are to:
- engage more diverse supporters and visitors and extend the HHC’s geographical scope by adopting and implementing a long-term brand platform,
- create a dynamic visitor experience based on leading museum educational and public engagement practices to distinguish HHC as a destination of choice for a growing audience,
- be an organization that adapts to changing economic and societal opportunities and threats,
- strengthen the HHC’s role as the primary repository for historical archives and collections for the region’s diverse history.
For more information about the Hagen History Center, please visit the following sites:
- Hagen History Center: https://www.eriehistory.org
- HHC social media sites:
Location/Region: Erie, PA (16507)