Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. Due to MSC being a federal contractor all associates must be fully vaccinated to work at MSC or any of our entities. Requisition ID : 9163 Employment Type :
Full Time Job Category :
Marketing Work Location :
Melville, NY (CSC) - Remote State or Province :
New York (US-NY) Potential Work Location :
United States : New York : Melville
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for driving new product launches within our services, solutions and innovations category and ensuring success of the products throughout their lifecycles. This will be accomplished through the use of data-driven insights, digital marketing, and qualitative feedback gathering to discover and develop initiatives that increase customer engagement and drive revenue through innovative product adoption strategies. This role requires a highly analytical mindset that closely collaborates with our sales, digital marketing and metalworking innovations teams to optimize the customer journey and meet our aggressive business growth targets.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages all aspects of the product lifecycle including value proposition articulation, development and execution of go-to-market plans which includes business goals, definition of target/persona, positioning, messaging, and sales narrative and assuring internal organizational readiness
· Assesses the effectiveness of online/offline marketing programs on a continuous basis and iterates accordingly. Tracks the Key Performance Indicators of marketing initiatives and analyzes and distills data into actionable insights to inform go to market plans and drive business target growth
· Evaluates client pain points and analyze market research findings to identify opportunities for new and/or improved efforts to drive adoption and retention
· Creates and manages marketing assets (e.g., sales collateral, product videos, website copy, blog post, datasheets, white papers, case studies, etc.) that articulate the benefits of our products
· Leads strategy sessions with agency partners and liaises between internal customers and internal and external creative resources / agencies in the design of programs, campaigns, promotional material, and sales collateral.
· Develops budget for go-to-market plans and ensures that expenditures stay on track against budget, plan and forecast
· Stays current with and recommends communication methods, vehicles and technologies to engage with various audiences and tests content formats and distribution channels to determine the optimal approach to reaching various segments/target audiences.
· Manages and protects the MSC brand by ensuring consistency in communications and adherence to brand standards.
· Proactively educates the organization and drives internal commercialization messaging that educates and informs Category, Sales, and Customer Service teams and ensure sales readiness
· Develops sales enablement tools and marketing collateral including items such as: sell sheets, sales flyers, white papers, website content, social media, case studies, presentations, ROI calculators, and trade advertising
· Directs external resources such as marketing agencies, photographers, videographers and print and digital vendors to ensure timely flow of projects and that all corporate brand standards are met.
· Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose; participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or the equivalent experience is required.
· 5 years of proven experience in a product marketing, solution marketing or equivalent role. Proven success in creating and managing digital marketing programs that impact sales and profitability growth required
· Documented successful project and campaign management experience, including experience in managing end-to-end commercialization plans
· Proven track record of successfully launching and commercializing new products
· Segmentation, CRM, MRM / campaign management, salesforce.com experience preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, required
· Excellent time management and organizational skills required
· Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to create innovative marketing programs, along with developing relationships and influencing key stakeholders
· Ability to manage outsourced agency partners and suppliers
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines
· Proven ability to deliver against expected outcomes using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Familiarity with agile marketing and product development cycles preferred
· Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
· Competent in both digital and traditional marketing disciplines preferred.
· Competent in sales enablement discipline preferred.
· A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed are required.
#MIQ Why MSC People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC. Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. Nearest Major Market:
Long Island Nearest Secondary Market:
New York CIty
Location/Region: Melville, NY