Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 30 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
The Business Development Coordinator will handle marketing administrative tasks and help implement the business development tactics for the firm’s Global Labor and Employment Group and its related practice teams and task forces with a primary focus on the Reed Smith offices in the United States. This role will also support other firmwide marketing and business development initiatives, as needed.
This professional will coordinate requests for client/prospect research and analysis, bio updates, and graphic design from relevant teams, as well as assist with pitches and proposals, the publication of social media posts, blog posts and client alerts, the coordination of internal newsletters, the coordination of events and webinars, the profiling and tracking of with experience and engagements, and other marketing and internal communications and administrative needs.
They will also contribute as a core part of the broader business development team supporting shared projects, in addition to independently leading tasks and interacting with attorneys. This includes coordinating a number of practice-specific tasks focused on both internal and external organization and profile-raising, including monthly newsletters and reports, internal meeting coordination, award submissions, and social media promotion.
Additionally, access to our U.S. offices will be limited to personnel who are fully vaccinated from COVID-19. If you believe that you require an accommodation to this policy because of a medical, religious or other reason, please let us know at the time of your interview so that a reasonable accommodation can be discussed.
- Support the Labor and Employment Business Development Senior Manager in various projects as they relate to business development efforts associated with the L&E practice group.
- Working with others, coordinate pitch materials, presentations and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs); facilitate presentation preparation by assisting with creating and editing materials.
- Interact with L&E Group Leaders and other attorneys with firmwide business development activities; maintain strong working relationships and a high level of day-to-day interaction with lawyers in L&E as well as attorneys in related practice groups.
- Edit marketing collateral, including practice area descriptions and attorney biographies for print, website and intranet; facilitate posting updates to firm website and intranet as required.
- Work closely with L&E attorneys to draft, edit and coordinate posts for the L&E blog and LinkedIn page.
- Coordinate L&E webinars, including overseeing scheduling and logistics, working with graphics and events team to develop and disseminate invitations, arranging additional promotion of the webinar through the firm’s digital and social media channels, assisting lawyers with related materials, and handling follow-up tasks as required.
- Work with the L&E and related practice teams/task forces to help prepare and edit drafts of various industry survey submissions, plus maintain repositories of information on practice group accolades and awards.
- Manage and maintain the collection of information for, and production of, internal marketing materials including monthly newsletters, mailing lists, internal blogs, and capabilities documents.
- Assist with developing group and strategy meeting agendas and presentations, and prepare and circulate meeting summaries.
- Coordinate Reed Smith’s participation in, and sponsorship of, local and national conferences. Responsibilities would include handling attorney reservations or RSVPs, and coordinating and submitting advertisements, giveaways, logos, and other materials as needed for sponsorships and other external activities.
- Assist in coordinating and planning Reed Smith-hosted client seminars and events. Responsibilities would include development of invitations and invite lists, coordinating with venues on logistics, coordinating speaker calls, and assisting with event materials, event promotion, and day-of event needs.
- Manage attorney experience and client information in Firmwide experience databases and client relationship management (CRM) system. Help maintain practice group/specialty group intranet sites.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: College degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field required.
Experience: One to three years of experience in a professional services marketing role is desirable but not required. The candidate must be able to demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills, strong writing ability, a positive attitude, and great work ethic. Must have demonstrated experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technologically savvy and able to quickly learn new database systems.
- Extremely detail oriented, proactive and self-directed with ability to independently manage and appropriately prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities under tight deadlines, sometimes with minimal oversight.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional judgment and a high degree of poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Comfortable establishing effective firmwide working relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Possess, and be willing to continue to develop, strong organizational, project management and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, and be flexible in approach.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Equipment To Be Used: Must be able to operate computer and other office machines such as printer, fax, calculator, telephone, etc.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc.
Typical Mental Demands: Requires the ability to efficiently multi-task and handle projects from various individuals with competing deadlines. Must also address diverse issues on a daily basis. Must be able to handle stressful situations and interact with various personalities at all levels in the Firm. Must be able to make sound judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Must be able to quickly grasp and apply new ideas.
Working Conditions: Occasionally called upon to work in excess of 40 hours per week. Works in a typical office setting. Limited travel may be required.
Reed Smith offers a challenging work environment, business casual dress code and a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, flexible benefits program, tuition assistance, and generous 401 (k) plan.
Reed Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
Reed Smith provides reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities, including in the application and interview process.
Qualified candidates only. No search firms.