At the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, we vibe as “One CSBS” and are dedicated to developing a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture of belonging. We appreciate our employees as they bring various backgrounds and experiences as well as model collaboration, teamwork, respect, and trust which generates conversation, deeper insights and innovative solutions that serves our members, employees and communities.
CSBS is proud to be a certified Great Place to Work®. This distinction is awarded to companies who strive towards building and sustaining a high-trust, high-performance culture which drives better business performance.
The Senior Administrative Assistant, Learning & Development is responsible for completing administrative tasks related to the pre- and post-phases of learning and development programs and events, and providing general administrative and operational support to the Learning & Development and Meeting Services teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Provide administrative support as follows:
- Event setup using Cvent and virtual platforms such as Teams, Remo, Hopin, Zoom, etc.
- Manage registrations for the Day One online on-demand programs
- Crowdcompass app setup, technical support and updates
- Help desk and registration assistance functions
- iMIS data entry & audit
- Preparation of a digital eBook for events, using FlippingBook publisher software
- Preparation of printed materials for events, using the online printer Mimeo.com
- Preparation of nametags, tent cards, rosters, and agendas for events
- Preparation of materials for Board Meetings in Diligent
- Management of Diligent users and inquiries
- Create Cvent post-event surveys, format and distribute survey results
- Process invoices in Anybill
- Provide pre- and post-event support for all on-site and online training programs and events
- Serve as the primary contact for attendees prior to an event and respond appropriately to inquiries and problems regarding programs
- Oversee packing, shipping, and return shipments of materials and equipment for on-site events
- Draft minutes for CSBSEF BOT and committee meetings and conference calls
- Maintain Learning & Development calendar of events and relevant dashboards
- Support Learning & Development with data maintenance for NMLS and SES training environment; regular reporting for CSBS Training Support Request; SES Training Completion Progress Reporting to agencies; and SES nationwide rollout support, including scheduling and exhibit management.
- Support Meeting Services with CSBS major events including registration support, data collection, name tag creation, printing, and other tasks as assigned.
- Serve as primary point of contact and administrator of the Strategic Engagement business unit’s SharePoint site.
- Setup of registration websites for meetings for affiliate organizations
- Processes credit card transactions for payment/refund of registration fees
- Make updates to appropriate pages on the CSBS website
- Maintain the Learning & Development storage room, audio-visual and meeting equipment, and inventory spreadsheet
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) – four (4) years of experience in a corporate or non-profit office environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Cvent, Hopin, Zoom, Remo, PhotoShop, iMIS, Appian, Anybill, Diligent and Concur software.
- Familiarity with and use of cloud-based software for document-sharing, discussion boards, application development, eBook publishing, and web conferencing.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Customer service – works and communicates with clients and customers to satisfy their expectations. Committed to quality service.
- Organization and time management– works effectively with and supports a diverse group of colleagues with different projects, business needs and expectations, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Oral communication (telephone and in-person skills) - ability to communicate information and ideas by speaking so others will understand.
- Written communication (letters, email) – ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Decision-making and problem solving – ability to take independent action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Work without extended onsite supervision.
• Please note that CSBS adheres to a mandatory COVID vaccination requirement for all employees, subject to applicable reasonable accommodation requirements. A condition of employment is that all employees be fully vaccinated or receive an exemption for bona fide medical/disability or religious reasons that can be reasonably accommodated. Employees granted an exemption will be subject to COVID testing requirements.
• Due to the nature of CSBS’s business in support of state financial services supervision, all CSBS employees have the potential of interacting with confidential information related to the supervision of financial services companies (“Confidential Supervisory Information”). As a result, in addition to general business conflicts of interest, all CSBS employees are expected to disclose conflicts of interest in financial services companies on at least an annual basis and to proactively avoid such conflicts.
• Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CSBS information and information systems in accordance with CSBS policies and procedures.
Values Instilled Behaviors for Excellence (VIBEs)
Member/ Customer Service
• Capability to build and value relationships
• Ability to prioritize work
• Advocate and advance member's goals
• Ability to give credit to others
• Have a “pitch in” attitude
• Learns from successes and setbacks
• Listens and learns from others
• Speaks the truth even when uncomfortable
• Ability to honor the expertise of others
• Recognizes the contributions of others
• Ability to consult and communication effectively
• Desires to make others successful
• Ability to preserve through adversity
• Willingness to experiment and take risks
• Plans ahead and is a forward-thinking individual
Core Leadership Competencies
Achievement Oriented Thinking
• Is a solutions-oriented thinker
• Has good time management skills
• Manages expectations of what is achievable
• Actively engage and participate during change
• Asks questions and takes ownership for understanding why the change is happening and the risk of not changing actively
• Adopts the new habits, monitors own performance and checks self against the objectives and seeks help when they don’t match
• Identifies and communicates obstacles and resistance
Emotional Intelligence (Self-Awareness)
• Manages own emotions productively to stay in role
• Handles emotionally charged situations productively and with empathy
• Asks for and openly accepts feedback; looks for opportunities to grow
• Conducts conversations courageously - hitting difficult issues head-on with an eye on maintaining relationships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.