The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
The Atlantic is hiring a Marketing Operations Manager to join the Customer Strategy & Growth team. This role is responsible for ensuring marketing efforts run flawlessly to help our goals of putting the customer first, maximizing lifetime value, deepening subscriber engagement, and increasing satisfaction and loyalty. This position oversees the successful completion of projects from start to finish, and candidates should have exceptional organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a proven record in managing the project lifecycle.
The Marketing Operations Manager will:
- Develop comprehensive, end-to-end project plans for customer acquisition and retention initiatives across print, digital, and live event channels
- Manage project scope, schedule, and documentation for team members and stakeholders
- Partner with internal teams, such as Product, Engineering, Data Science, Events, Customer Care, and Editorial in handling campaign programming, data needs, and other project planning work
- Facilitate project kickoff meetings, brainstorms, and retros
- Oversee annual, multi-channel holiday gift campaign
- Support efforts for the delivery of our print magazine
- Manage various operations needs, including invoicing, stock library maintenance, postage accounts, reporting, customer queries, et al.
- Required 2-4 years of experience in project coordination
- Passionate about the future of high-quality, independent journalism
- Experienced in B2C multi-channel marketing a plus
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Airtable, JIRA, etc
- Possesses finely tuned communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
The Atlantic Monthly Group LLC and its affiliates ("The Atlantic") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job offers to work at The Atlantic are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, pre-employment screening, and compliance with The Atlantic's COVID-19 vaccination policy. The Atlantic requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Location/Region: New York, NY