Optica, as a not-for-profit Society, is at the forefront of technologies that continue to make dramatic differences in our community’s daily lives. Covering a wide range of applications like high-speed data and telecommunications, life-saving cancer detection and treatment, surgical procedures, environmental monitoring, even self-driving vehicles – all of these technologies are supported by the science of light. Optica is at the center of that critical research and industrial applications. Optica manages internationally recognized conferences and exhibitions and is looking for ambitious individuals to play a key role in helping companies bring their products to market.
The Optica Exhibit Client Services Manager is a collaborative and integral part of the sales team. This individual is responsible for managing the ongoing strategy for anticipating and meeting customer needs and fulfilling exhibits and sponsorship sales for the Exhibit Sales Department. This role emphasizes customer engagement, service and a solution-oriented approach to client satisfaction.
- Performs systems analysis on CRM and floor plan management Systems and works with external vendors to design system architecture, providing an enhanced experience for external and internal system users.
- Serve as project lead in the Department for RFPs, system architecture, integration and implementation of new CRM and floor plan management systems with each other and NetForum.
- Primary lead in creating client journey for Exhibit Sales webpages for desktop, tablet, and mobile interfaces.
- Writes and maintains Sales Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for exhibitor communications based on anticipated queries and exhibitor feedback.
- Develops and implements procedures for contract and payment processing and database maintenance.
- The database administrator for Exhibit Sales using floor plan management platforms ExpoCad/Map Your Show and ACT/SalesForce (CRM).
- Creates and maintains all floorplans for all Optica-managed exhibits using floor plan management software.
- Primary responsibility for exhibit and sponsorship contract processing in the CRM and floor plan platforms.
- Handles all exhibit, sponsorship, advertising invoicing and collections.
- Oversees budgeted expenses for sponsorship fulfillment.
- Assists in reconciling exhibit, sponsorship, and corporate contribution revenue for Optics and Photonics Congresses and Topical Meetings.
- Works directly with Meeting Managers and Exhibit Operations as a sales liaison for sponsorship fulfillment.
- Assists customers with sponsorship and advertising strategies.
Education and Experience
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of conference and tradeshow experience desired and association experience preferred
- Experience with fulfillment, printing and production processes for event-related sponsorships preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Required advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with contact management software, preferably ACT or Salesforce.
- Experience with NetForum or other association management software system.
- Print management experience and knowledge of graphics specifications needed for print and digital media.
- Familiarity with Kentico or other web content management software.
- Required experience with Expocad or other space-draw programs.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat preferred.
- Prefer experience with ACT Emarketing or other HTML email management programs.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- Excellent business writing skills and experience.
- Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel required.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, Optica, formerly OSA, offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Optica employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.