The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations and oversight of ERIC’s email communications, marketing, website, and social media. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position is integral in the daily functioning of ERIC and support of its member companies.
The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC) is a national business trade association representing the largest and most prestigious companies in the country, advocating on health, retirement, paid leave, and other compensation public policies at the federal, state, and local levels, and in the courts as well. Founded over 40 years ago, ERIC shapes public policy to support the ability of large employers in all industry sectors to offer employee benefits to their workforce and families across the country.
Content Creation, Management & Updates
- Maintain quality control, update, and manage content for the ERIC website (www.eric.org) and affiliated Web sites via information architecture, site navigation, and design, ensuring content is user-focused, accurate, and timely.
- Post ERIC’s communications and press releases as needed to ensure links are available for email communications.
- Work with President, Chief Operating Officer, and Senior Manager, Membership Engagement on plans for yearly website upgrades and enhancements.
- Promote website visibility, and review analytics for eric.org. Provide monthly web stat reports to Chief Operating Officer.
- Work with ERIC staff to ensure their sections of content are refreshed on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Assist in the creation of PowerPoint presentations, handouts, member alerts, and other content.
- Format and send email updates to ERIC member companies at the request of the Policy Advocacy and Membership teams, including oversight of email schedule and communications calendar, creating and distributing emails, and ensuring compliance with CAN SPAM regulations. If necessary, provide training and support for staff for use of templates, list management, and HTML issues.
- Format templates, prepare, test, and send emails as needed through ERIC’s Email Management System (Matrix Maxx/MailChimp), updating lists before each communication is sent.
- Manage ERIC’s LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, regularly creating and posting messages to support ERIC’s Membership and Policy Advocacy efforts.
- Manage LinkedIn campaigns or similar efforts to promote ERIC efforts.
Overall, the Marketing Coordinator should be a team player who adds value to all aspects of the ERIC organization, representing ERIC in a professional manner with an energetic approach to contributing to the success of our organization and its mission.
- This position is based in Washington, DC. The organization is currently operating a virtual office, subject to changing conditions.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Please send resume, references, and a cover letter outlining both why you are qualified for this job and what you believe you could contribute to ERIC, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1-3 years of work experience formatting and sending email communications, conducting social media marketing, creating PowerPoint and other presentations, and maintaining websites
- Basic understanding of HTML and WordPress; InDesign is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
- Skilled in applications including Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe, and other relevant programs
- Experience with membership databases is a plus