The Atlantic has, for more than 160 years, advanced ideas that matter and sparked global conversation on the most important issues of our time. We aim to bring clarity and original thinking to questions of consequence, on topics ranging from politics, the economy, and global affairs to technology, science, and culture. As the third-longest-running magazine in America, we find ourselves at a remarkable moment: one of both continuation and transformation, of upholding our legacy while continuously reinventing ourselves for the future.
As Associate Manager, Account Management, you’ll join an account management team responsible for executing custom advertising products for The Atlantic. You’ll play an integral role at the intersection of a number of teams and functions. The position will report to the Senior Director of Account Management.
- Leading the teams creating custom marketing products on behalf of The Atlantic’s clients, including video, podcasts, articles, and digital interactive experiences
- Serving as a polished and professional client lead, running status calls and maintaining day-to-day communications
- Managing timelines and production budgets, ensuring programs are delivered within scope and at a high caliber
- Contracting and negotiating with external vendors including copywriters, illustrators, photographers, and video production companies
- Providing post-campaign recaps to clients and internal sales and marketing teams
- Interfacing with different departments, including Sales, Content, Design, Media Planning, Ad Ops, and Creative Strategy to coordinate efforts and deliverables
The ideal candidate has:
- 2-3 years of client-facing experience in digital media, ideally at a publisher or agency
- Experience managing projects involving photography, illustration, video, and/or audio
- A proactive mindset, always planning ahead with the ability to both anticipate and solve problems as they arise
- A remarkable aptitude for organization, process, and structure
- Impeccable relationship management skills across numerous internal and external teams at various levels
- Ability to convey confidence and authority to clients
- Familiarity with project management and billing tools, along with others like Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
The Atlantic Monthly Group LLC and its affiliates ("The Atlantic") are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job offers to work at The Atlantic are contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of a background check, reference checks, pre-employment screening, and compliance with The Atlantic's COVID-19 vaccination policy. The Atlantic requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, including subsequent boosters, and submit proof of vaccination status. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
Location/Region: New York, NY / Washington, DC